- 1st Prize for Best Tasting Pie
- 2nd Prize for Best Tasting Pie
- 3rd Prize for Best Tasting Pie
- Top Prize for Most Beautiful Pie
With the best interest of visitors at heart and an abundance of caution, the Apple Festival at the Sherwood-Jayne Farm is canceled this year. We wish you and your family health and we look forward to more community events in the future!
Note: This event has been canceled.
Date: Sunday, September 27, 2020
Time: 11:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Location: Sherwood-Jayne Farm
55 Old Post Rd. Setauket, NY 11733
Now in its 31st year, the Long Island Apple Festival is a historic experience for all families to enjoy. Activities and events include live music, open-hearth colonial cooking demonstrations, an apple pie baking contest and pie auction, apple relay races, tug-o-war, and apple-head doll making. As always, there will be freshly pressed apple juice and food, hay and pony rides, numerous artisans and crafters for shopping, as well as tours of the historic Sherwood-Jayne House.
$5 Children, Seniors, & Members
Tickets can be purchased HERE in advance or at the gate on the day of the festival (both cash and credit cards accepted).
Interested in touring the historic Sherwood-Jayne House with Preservation Long Island’s curator? Lauren Brincat will be conducting Curator Tours with small groups throughout the day. Space is limited, advance registration is recommended via Eventbrite.
Interested in baking a pie for the Apple Pie Contest? Please complete and submit the online application form by 4 pm on September 27, 2019:
- Where can I park? There is free parking in the Sherwood-Jayne Field. Handicapped spaces are available near the festival ticket entrance in the same field.
- Is the site wheelchair accessible? Handicapped parking and toilets are available. The event site is a farm that includes grass, a cement driveway, dirt paths, and some uneven terrain.
- What is included with the festival entrance fee? Admission includes all games, programs, activities, demonstrations and a voucher for one free apple at the Apple Kiosk where bags of orchard-fresh apples are available for purchase. Additional tickets are required for the Hay and Pony Rides. Food & Beverages are available for purchase. Craft and Artisan Vendors have merchandise for sale.
- What type of food is available? A variety of food & beverages can be purchased including apple pie of course!
No Pets Please; No Rain Date; No onsite apple picking
Click HERE for photos from the past Long Island Apple Festivals!