Preservation Long Island’s Endangered Historic Places List for 2017 consists of five properties that reflect the diversity of Long Island’s historic resources and cultural heritage, including a storied Montaukett homestead on the East End to the retreat of a famed poet-journalist in Roslyn Harbor. These places also reflect the variety of challenges confronting the preservation of historic properties throughout the region. We invite all Long Islanders to join us in celebrating and supporting the important sites on our List of Endangered Historic Places for 2017.
Our 2017 List Includes:
• Cedarmere, Village of Roslyn Harbor, Nassau County–IMPROVED
• York Hall, Town of Smithtown, Suffolk County–THREATENED
• George and Sarah Fowler HouseTown of East Hampton, Suffolk County–IMPROVED
• Reverend David Eato and Mary Baker Eato House, Town of Brookhaven, Suffolk County
• Idle Hour, Town of Islip, Suffolk County